PDA

Zobacz pełną wersję : [Imaging Resource] Imaging Resource Interview: Olympus

RSSBot
24.02.10, 18:00
John D. Knaur, Senior Manager, Digital SLR
Peter Ewen, Director, Product Marketing, DSLR
Olympus Imaging America, Inc.

Dave Etchells and Shawn Barnett caught up with John Knaur and Peter Ewen of Olympus to have a chat about Olympus, the state of Micro Four Thirds, and what implications the growing competition from Samsung, Panasonic, and now Sony might have on the fledgling market for small SLD cameras.

IR: What do you see for Micro Four Thirds in the future? If you could look 10 years down the road, do you think there will be more Four Thirds or Micro Four Thirds cameras selling at that point? John Knaur: I think the show is answering that for us. If you think about it, a year ago we started talking about Micro Four Thirds with a mockup under glass, and we came out with it in June, and it was the...
(read more)

More... (http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1267027086.html)

droplet
24.02.10, 20:00
nikt się nie przedarł przez ten tekst?

jeśli nic nieplątałem to:
dobra wiadomość jest taka, że w tym roku wypuszczą DSLR a zła, że nie opłaca się Olympusowi produkować w przyszłości SLR poniżej USD 1 600 (cena chyba dla USA)

Knaur
We haven't stopped developing Four Thirds cameras. We still anticipate having Four Thirds cameras, even later this year we may release a camera.

Knaur
But I do think we will continue to develop on the Four Thirds line. But as we've said earlier, 10 years down the road, if you start seeing this category growing leaps and bounds over the traditional SLR category, then we need to make some focus there. We have to build what the people buy. If the consumer tells us they want to by $1,600 cameras, and they don't care about anything else, we'll build $1,600 cameras. If they come out and say "the PEN E-PL1 is the camera I've been waiting for the last 20 years, where have you been?" We'll focus on the PEN E-PL1. I personally think the PEN cameras, whether it's ours or the mirrorless cameras from Sony or Samsung or Panasonic, are the wave of the future